February 1997 - Quote from Mother Teresa at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington attended by the President and the First Lady - "What is taking place in America is a war against the child. And if we accept that the mother can kill her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another?"
KJV Psalm 94:16-23 "Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence. When I said, 'My foot slippeth;' Thy mercy, O Lord, held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul. Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with Thee, which frameth mischief by a law? They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood. But the Lord is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge. And He shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the Lord our God shall cut them off."
"We do not stand any taller nor is there any work we do that is any greater than when we stand strong for the unborn child." Alabama State Senator Greg Reed
Other commentary I have written can be read at www.onthewritenarrowpath.blogspot.com
My husband's great blog is at www.christianease.blogspot.com
Friday, May 27, 2011
- According to “studies,” mentally/physically handicapped children will likely be a burden to their parents and society.
- According to “studies,” a baby will likely be a burden to a young girl.
- According to “studies,” a child not “wanted” by the birth parents is “unwanted.”
- According to “studies,” a child conceived unexpectedly will likely interfere with the necessary growth of the girl/woman.
- According to “studies,” a child conceived in rape/incest will likely be a constant reminder of the rape/incest.
- According to “studies,” a child conceived in rape/incest will not likely be wanted by anyone.
- According to “studies,” a child born to poverty is most likely destined to live out life in poverty.
- According to “studies,” a child born to poverty is most likely to be abused and/or neglected.
- According to “studies,” young [teenage] parents will most likely abuse/neglect their children.
- According to “studies,” children born to parents on welfare will most likely become generational welfare users.
- According to “studies,” children born to women over 35 years of age are likely to be mentally/physically handicapped.
- According to “studies,” if certain medications have been taken during the first trimester of pregnancy, it is likely that the child is severely mentally/physically damaged.
- According to “studies,” a woman carrying a child following a devastating illness will likely die if she chooses to carry the child to term.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Monday, May 16, 2011
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
In the above, I am drawn to the subjects of abortion and euthanasia, as I believe these practices make for very hardened hearts, such as those we have witnessed at so-called "pro-choice" rallies. If we continue to rejoice over a woman's right to have her unborn child murdered and the practice of euthanasia, the value of all human life is increasingly at risk. I again assert that conception and old age are the "bookends" of humanity with all the rest somewhere between them. Take away value for these two, and all value for the rest will fade away. This done, there is nothing to convince a mass murderer that his activities are evil.
My husband asks:
Why do we look like them? I have no problem with the necessity of taking Osama's life but was sickened by the picture in the paper of a huge crowd celebrating. It was the same feeling I had watching film footage of Arab nations celebrating after the destruction of the twin towers. Justice ... can it be served without wallowing in the gutter? I'm as guilty of a vengeful heart as the next guy but this reminds of children sticking their tongues out at each other after inflicting their childish insults and injury. Is it not possible to rise above? God help us ... is there anyone else out there that sees this as wrong? Why do we look like them?
Posted By Christian Ease to Christian Ease at 5/02/2011 07:59:00 PM