If the possibility of suffering is the foundation upon which is built the philosophy of so-called "merciful" abortion and euthanasia, then not one of us is safe from those wielding that bloody sword. Even those wielding it must one day face another wielding it in their direction. Cherry Bieber

February 1997 - Quote from Mother Teresa at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington attended by the President and the First Lady - "What is taking place in America is a war against the child. And if we accept that the mother can kill her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another?"



KJV Psalm 94:16-23 "Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence. When I said, 'My foot slippeth;' Thy mercy, O Lord, held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me Thy comforts delight my soul. Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with Thee, which frameth mischief by a law? They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood. But the Lord is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge. And He shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the Lord our God shall cut them off."

"We do not stand any taller nor is there any work we do that is any greater than when we stand strong for the unborn child." Alabama State Senator Greg Reed

Other commentary I have written can be read at www.onthewritenarrowpath.blogspot.com

My husband's great blog is at www.christianease.blogspot.com


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stopping abortion is a grave error...really???

Having had so many so-called “pro-choice” people state to me that their support of abortion is due to the tragedy of child abuse [This is such an oxymoron!  Because they presume there is a chance a child could be abused, they deem it “merciful” to brutally murder the child before birth???], and they therefore feel it is a grave error to stop the murder of the unborn; I feel I must address this again from a personal standpoint.   

In the beginning:  My parents were poverty stricken when I was conceived.  My father was an abusive alcoholic.  My stepfather was an abusive alcoholic.  I was severely abused as a child.  I grew to be a very confused young woman who had a propensity to abusive relationships and suffered greatly.  At the age of 23, the Lord began to break through the mire in which I was trapped and showed me that He, the Healer, Hope, and Salvation; had created me with a very special purpose, just as He had created every other human being…but I had to make a choice.  [God is the epitome of TRUE pro-choice!!] 

In the present:  I am very happily married to a wonderful, godly, Loving man.  I am Mother to three of the most beautiful children in the world; two birthed from my body and one from my heart.  I am “mother” to my husband’s precious son and truly amazing Down syndrome daughter.  I am the blessed and amazed grandmother to fifteen grandchildren here on earth and twelve awaiting me in heaven.  I Love people and attempt to be my very best in my relationships with them.  When I fail, I am not afraid to admit I am wrong and seek forgiveness.  I am a very content adult determined to do all that I can to glorify the Lord with my life and benefit this world as much as possible during my lifetime.  I do not drink [Scriptures do not say drinking alcohol is sin, but drunkenness is, Galations 5:21.]  Due to the extent of alcoholism in my family, I choose to not touch it at all.  I do not take drugs, steal, swear, or indulge in behaviors that would not only be unbecoming, but would also bring shame to the Lord and myself.  I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I endeavor to do my very best to benefit the lives of others in any way I am able.  I Love life and enjoy serving others.  How very glad I am that the so-called “pro-choice” did not have its way with my life when God was forming me in my mother’s womb.  How happy I am that I was born!! 

I have not shared the above in an attempt to puff myself up.  Rather, I have attempted to paint a picture of the value of human life.  Yes, had I been brutally murdered in my mother’s womb, I would never have been beaten by my stepfather.  Others would never have abused me.  I would never have been confused.  However…I would never have met my Heavenly Father this side of heaven…I would never have birthed my two beautiful daughters…I would never have married the most wonderful man in the whole world…I would never have been here to become the mother of another so-called “unwanted” baby boy…I would never have become grandmother to a multitude of truly beautiful children…I would never have done the wonderful things the Lord has given me to do for so very many others.  So very much would simply have never been.   

When one single life is robbed of the inalienable right to live, more than that one loses.

5 comments:

Neil said...

Blessings to you, what God has done in your life and for your amazing witness!

Yes, it is so sad that people make up the lie that abortion is ok because it will prevent child abuse. Not only do the facts not support that, but even if it was true we shouldn't kill people because they might get abused. Using that logic, we'd kill kids painlessly who are getting abused today.

Cherry Bieber said...

Thanks for your comment, Neil.

If suffering or the possibility of suffering are used as reasoning for abortion or euthanasia [along with all of the other lame excuses], we might just as well get in line with the lemmings and take a leap, as suffering is a part of all life!

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Ah Neil,

I'm late getting to this post and you took the words right out of my keyboard! I agree, if abuse is the reason for abortion, then why don't we kill every child who is currently being abused!

caheidelberger said...

And how happy I am that your mother exercised her free will to submit her body to the service of the fetus that became you. How happy I also am that the law of the land recognizes that a woman gets to make that choice for herself rather than forcing every woman to surrender herself as a vessel for reproduction. Life loses value without autonomy.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

caheidelberger,

You refuse to admit that the choice to conceive or not was made at the moment they had sex.  No one ever forces a woman to have sex (except rape, of course, which have never accounted for more than a minuscule number of conceptions), no one ever forces a woman "to surrender herself as a vessel for reproduction" - she surrenders herself to that when she has sex.